The specific requirements we had to uphold were countless. The rube itself had to be a 2 ft. x 2ft. x 3ft., and our contraption must be started off by one action and had to be at the least 20 seconds, no more than 3 minutes. We must have 12 steps, a least 2 different simple machines shown, an object raised/projected into the air at at least 12 inches high, and an electrical device, but must be battery powered.
In our group, our rube contained 12 steps. Our main purpose of it was to staple a paper as our final step. Our rubes structure looked like a cube with an opening, all sides closed off. We incorporated some lights, so our audience were able to view our rube clearly at exhibition.
As the performance of our rube, during the process of creating our idea, nothing quite worked and we felt it'd never work. At exhibition though, it worked perfectly fine, but only a few times did we help keep it flowing from time to time. But, our progression of success near the end of the night only faltered the more we tried more, and we saw that we showed more success at the beginning of exhibition.
As of my personal contribution to this project with my partner, I did feel at the start I didn't do as much as I had hoped to help build our foundation, other than drilling, and found myself focused more on being the data collector, and paperwork person. I found it hard, because it's more challenging for me was to stay focus on building and processing ideas, so I stuck with what I felt at the time was what I was most good at. But once one of our partners left near the middle, both myself and my only partner left had to pitch in wherever with one another, and take time out of our own to make what we thought we couldn't accomplish.
While working with my partner, I did learn more about teamwork. Being able to adapt once a team member left, and coming up with solutions to problem solve our issues to get this done quicker, along with putting myself more out of my comfort zone, such as helping with mechanical tools. Building and coming up with ideas was also another challenge for me, along with on of our steps that involved a bit of gravity at work, and projectile.
Life in The Cold
In this project, Life in The Cold, I worked in a group to identify how to survive and thrive through harsh temperatures. As a team, we worked and test the insulation of four different coats to test which one was the most effective of repelling the cold, and incapsulating warmth. We used an app that identified different ranges of temperatures to aid our process as accurately as possible.
During our process, we did happen to make mistakes with recording our data correctly, and taking visual pictures to represent our work. We did, however overcome them and moved forward with our with out lab report.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.